fridays we usually have a fun & kicked back school day. finish up the week & left over work, do corrections, research topics, math games, computer games, science labs, art, bake, run errands, ok mostly play play play (educational play of course). right. usually they go like last friday.
- sleep in
- scrounge around for breakfast & morning tea/coffee (thanks to my dear neighbor the girls have become sophisticated & have been enjoying hot low fat, caffeine free, hydrogenated oil free capps. DELISH hot or cold)
- get dressed in play clothes
- watch sesame street (10am)
- corral the herd into the classroom
- remember our pet chores. go outside (bad idea) to feed & water.
- notice the garden weeds...pick them over meditation & conversation for @ 45 mins
- play with the millions of earthworms
- decide to go in the classroom to do school
- kids hop on the play structure as i get sidetracked & water the plants on the side of the house i forgot
- turn over a pot (feed the chickie girls the slugs) & discover a CREEPY CREATURE!!!
- run inside to research this super long, flat, slippery, strange worm with 2 leech like "heads" on each end. AHA! land planarian. *pix below*
- sqeemishly add it to the living kitchen counter lab for further observation.
- research more fantastic flat worms online for a few hours. (you should check them out! esp the beautiful marine ones)
- go back outside & search for more creepy wigglers. which turns into a hour nature walk w/ the doggies.
- find fresh macadamia nuts, pomegranates, ANOTHER snake (#5) & dogs get chased by a coyote. which of course turns into MORE research. (ok cant remeber BUT i think this part may actually happened the day before, but something like this ALWAYS happens!)
- happily never make it back inside to the classroom to finish up last week (yet still managed to learned a ton).
- add last week to my to do list for this week...i'm sure we'll get to it eventually :)
(photos from the same source)
happy to find out these creepies are NOT harmful...unless you are a earthworm because then they'd suck your insides out!