Monday, September 19, 2011

trying something new {sisterly sundays}

I've been seriously feeling the need to re-evaluate & rearrange my priorities. 
& VIOLA! The Three Thinking Mothers comes out with this post about juggling & priorities by Mary (her blog here)...again they hit the nail on the head, almost word for word as to what's been on my mind.

{SISTERLY SUNDAYS}
trying something new
This post was supposed to go out last night (Sunday) & didn't, but from now on I'm going to TRY to do a post like this on Sundays. A little weekly progress report of sorts. Maybe it will help me keep focused! This one is a little long...
1. Putting spiritual things first. I was doing so well with this one, but this year has brought so many changes that I've been feeling like i HAVE to try to keep up with everything. I've lost focus of the most important priority a little.

2. Family, friends, etc...(i love my fam & friend & love staying connected, but i can miss a few Facebook posts...blogpost, Pinterest...etc...)

3. Putting homeschooling 1st. SO GUILTY! Because it seems to be this "whole big thing" we do & how we are identified (as homeschoolers), it tends to become an all consuming life focus. We need to not let everything else go & keep homeschooling in its place.

*I need to re-evaluate & simplifying things to make these work.

{SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING THIS WEEK}
*Fave Scripture of the Week
Matthew 5:16 "Likewise let your light shine before men, that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens." This week (red week ladies), my light was not so bright & shiny, so this is a good one for me.

*Fave Scripture for the girlies.
Ecclesiastes 7:1 "A name is better than oil, and the day of death than the day of one's being born." ~ What an awesome reminder by our Sunday speaker, in regards to our reputations. The ultimate goal is not to make a name for ourselves, but to glorify God's name in how we live our lives, even in youth. What you do in your youth does effect your reputation, your family's name & ultimately the God we represent.

*I used to be very diligent about regular daily Bible reading. Then of course, life got "too busy & distracted". I'm currently on Ezra Chapter 7 hope by this week to finish the book of Ezra.

{CONFESSION} 3 still sneaks in my bed at night. In the mornings i DO NOT want to wake her, so I've been waking up early every morning & from my Blackberry reading my e-mails & texts, FB updates, etc...in bed.(calling it quiet "me time", b/c when she gets up...there is none) BUT last night i finally remembered to bring my Bible in and put it on my night stand. Beginning with this morning, i will try to start my mornings with my daily Bible reading instead. (eventhough she heard me turn the pages & woke up, i got 2 chapters in) 

*Make congregation meeting on Thursdays in addition to Sunday meetings. Eventhough it's only one night out the week, (1 1/2 hours really) Thursdays are our busiest of the week from beginning to end. It's so hard to get there at 7pm after a LONG exhausting day, but i need to prioritize, organize (& pray about it) to make it happen consistently.
OK so let's see how well i do next Sunday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment