Thursday, August 5, 2010

NO SPEND MONTH (ok week), my secret love & summer math

i COMPLETELY forgot i was going to start the NO SPEND MONTH challenge in August. which may i point of is different from NO SHOPPING WEEK.  this means preparing :: no buying gas, groceries, take out, NOTHING! i have no clue why i picked August to try it, it is the worse month for me. this is the month for setting up & organizing our classroom. i have to confess, aside from loving to shop, im a total school supply junkie. i look forward to the month of August's back-school-sales the entire year.
 i love fresh boxes of crayons, new pens & pencils, don't get me started on my love for paper. i cant resist this months deals :: glue 20 cents, crayon boxes 20 cents, yesterday was buy a box of coloring pencils for 50cents get a 24 box of crayons free, folders 10 cents, that's just the start. i also buy extras to donate to teacher friends or the school of our choice.

my secret love & summer math

{before}
stash from last year

{i made this quick chart up, had to add another column last minute}
math :: tally

{after}
 new stash

math :: tally
1 decided to tally all the info on a bar graph
 (not as much as usual, trying to cut back)

to be realistic, i know myself & i know a whole no spend month would be totally impossible for this mama. i got stocked up on groceries & other thing so im going to try a NO SPEND WEEK next week. still challenging enough.  REMIND ME!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about school supplies. I get all giddy when I see the sales papers. I am doing the no spend month again for August. Ours is mainly just not spending on extra things. Just buy the necessities and that's it. Hang in there you can do it!

    ReplyDelete