- make my christian faith resemble my christian life more and vice versa. back to the daily bible reading, get my focus in life back, strengthen my friendship with God, etc... im especially going to need Him entering these teen years. i want to be sure im doing all i can to receive the power and support of the all powerful and almighty as my bestfriend during the times ahead. mainly so that i dont kill myself or my children. killing is wrong...im just saying i need HIM!
- get up earlier. deciding to fully homeschool this year we are relishing in the many perks. indulging in our freedom is one thing, but getting up at 8:30 or 9 every morning does not lead to much productivity. amazingly this one is easier than i thought. as the season is hinting towards a change our bodies natural rhythms are starting to responding. SOME of us have been rising earlier. this morning my eyes were open at 6 and i was in the shower by 6:15. two little busy bees were up and sneaking a video when i came in.
- earlier rising leads to my next goal of being more productive & less distracted. i have never been blessed as a homemaker. by simplifying our home and life managing our home much easier and more enjoyable. i finally realized no matter how much i hate housework it's an everyday inevitability that will continue during this "in the nest" life season. this also spills over to other areas ex: running, crafting/ art projects, reading, and just plain getting things done. by cutting out many of the extra distractions and commitments we have more time for the important things. ex: with homeschooling = no homework. one sport activity per child at a time, simplify in the yard and sadly SHOPPING everyday,.
- finish some items on my list of unfinished projects. (more on this later) im going thru my entire craft room, each project one at a time and either saying forget it or finish it. then to make finish it list. as not to leave ryan out, this also goes for home projects.
- re-learn to sew. honestly i havent the patience (nor the real desire honestly) to sew. it's such a tedious way of creating something i could easily go out , purchase, and be quickly gratified. that being said, i do see the need for basic sewing ability. i may never make a living as a seamstress, but there are some sewing projects i would like to make. as long as i can finish in about 2 hours, i'll try. i couldve gotten by my whole life without very much sewing, BUT my girls like to sew. and i feel bad telling them to go ask dad everytime they have a craft related question. so this year i sew!
- this year i MUST knit. this is one craft i truly have the desire to learn. i can just imagine the pieces i will create out of beautifully colored, carefully considered yarn, two wooden needles and my own hands : chunky scarves, knubby knit caps and beanies...dont know if im feeling the whole sweater thing though. my 1st knitting lesson lasted about 5 hours, i never even learned to cast on, and my friend declared me a knitting lost cause. yet again, my girls taught themselves to knit and have questions and again with the go ask dad. (what's wrong with me!)
- i have always been captivated to the core by photograph. especially black and white. this year since my role as mama is less demanding as in the past. im going to pursue this life long passion. and with gusto.
- im checking home canning off too. this house came with property full of produce as well as the neighborhood. there is WAAAAY to much than can be eaten. and WAAAAY to much that goes to waste because of it. we knew nothing about being farmers for one, and i definately knew nothing about being a farmers wife. but we are fast learners.
- this is the year i truly become a cyclist. cycling is another life long dream of mine. i have the bike, the gear, the desire so what's the problem right? did i mention i live in the mountains. rapidly descending downhill in not much more than lycra...among other things... paralyzes me with fear!
- i planned to become as much better runner this year. that involved wanting to shave time. my plans took a little detour, now i'll be starting over in a way, but hopefully it wont take too much time for me to rock again.
- decorate our master bedroom. in each house we've never had a done master. i was afraid of babies getting stuck in or strangled by a headboard, pee or poop stains on bedding, all that. the biggest reason of all is i just cant make up my mind. choice of bedding is a big commiment. there are so many choices, and your going to have THE same bedding for a loooooong time...but i think i MAY be ready...or closer to at least.
- this year i MUST finish reading Howard's End. i started it about a year or was it two ago? truly did not enjoy it and have been avoiding it like the plague. but i want some closure and to move on with my life.
1. make body products. started experimenting. recieved & am perusing my supply catalog.
2.started decluttering the house. still had years of stuff from the move. all piled in garage for yardsale
3. experimenting with cooking in my FAB new kitchen!
4. planted organic greens bed. need to start some new babies.
5. pretty much ruled out chickens as of today.